Full Time & Part Time Hours available
£8.91 per hour plus excellent benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Extraordinary times calls for extraordinary people!
Working at United Response is not just a job - it’s a chance to make life happen, to start a new career that is truly rewarding and ensure that individuals with learning disabilities, mental or physical support needs have the opportunity to live their lives to the full.
Who we are
United Response is an award-winning charity that supports people with learning disabilities, mental health needs or physical disabilities to take control of their lives and to get involved in their community. We do this in many different ways, from supporting people in their own homes to working with people to access training and work opportunities. We support around 2,000 people in over 300 locations across England and Wales and employ over 3,500 staff.
What would you be doing?
This job is all about supporting a bubbly and active gentleman to move into his own home, encouraging him to learn new skills as well as developing new friendships. His new home is purpose built bungalow alongside 5 other people that we also support.
On a day to day basis you will be providing support in a number of ways including:
- Cooking, cleaning, laundry and any other household jobs as needed
- Managing finances
- Attending Dr/Hospital appointments
- Getting out and about – this could include going shopping and socialising
- Accompanying the gentleman to go out in the car (driving licence is required)
- And much more.
Given the nature of this service, experience of working with behaviour that challenges, learning disabilities and mental health illness is key therefore you will already have experience of working within a Healthcare environment.
We do provide full and comprehensive training for this Service however you will have (or be willing to study for) NVQ Level 3.
You will be passionate about providing person-centred support and understand that each individual has their own needs.
You will also hold a full UK driving license and be flexible with working hours.
This role will involve elements of sleep-ins (for which you will be paid), evenings and weekend work so flexibility is essential.
What's in it for you?
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension Contribution
- The opportunity to be part of our UR Stars Recognition Scheme
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Keeping you safe
In these extraordinary times we know that the safety of our staff and the people we support is vital - this is why we are doing everything we can to ensure that everyone connected with United Response is confident that they are working and living in COVID secure conditions.
We provide full PPE and ensure that you are confident in using it plus we offer vaccines to all United Response employees.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check