Billing Assistant (12 month FTC)
Salary: £16,000 per annum
Expires: 19/11/2019 23:59
Role: Billing Assistant (12 month FTC)
Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding role?
United Response is hiring for professional and organised individual to join our South West finance team as a Billing Assistant.
What we do?
United Response is a leading disability charity that provides person-centred support to young people and adults with mental health needs, learning disabilities and physical disabilities. Our vision is a society where everyone has equal access to the same rights and opportunities and our corporate support teams are vital to making that vision happen.
What you would be doing?
Your role will be centred around supporting the Divisional Finance Manager and Assistant in ensuring that the organisation continues to have the ability to help the people we support. As a Billing Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating the Income Model and relevant documentation
- Dealing with financial reconciliations and related queries
- Ensure financial records and databases are kept up to date
- Check that all necessary paperwork and documents are provided to the finance team
- Resolve invoice and payment queries with Head Office
- Provide cover for the DFM and DFA where necessary
What we need from you
To be a successful Billing Assistant you should be an organised logical thinker with the ability to handle large amounts of financial data. It’s vital that you can complete work accurately and use your initiative to ensure that work is completed in the necessary time. As a Billing Assistant you must have extensive knowledge of working with Microsoft Excel and previous experience of working in a Bookkeeper type role would be beneficial. The location of our Chippenham office means that having a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle would be beneficial whilst a level 1 AAT or similar qualification would be advantageous.
What you get
As well as immense job satisfaction and the chance to join a driven and friendly team you will receive:
- £16,000 per annum
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Interviews will be held week commencing the 14th October and successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check.